Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 Hoppy New Brew!

It is new Years Eve 2009 here in Newcastle Australia. I will be a day up on most my family and friends.

The beer for the day is a Sierra Nevada Celebration Clone that I brewed up with Aussie 2 row, UK Cara Dark and Ger Cara pils, hopped with USA Chinook and Cascade, dry hopped with more Cascade and Centennial. I can't wait to have the first pint from the keg.

I plan to spend part of the night at the local pub combined with bbq with my wife and fun with mates.

I experienced a couple of things that were new to me this year.

#1 That I can brew enough hoppy beer myself here in Aussie to keep the Mrs and I in good beer.
#2 To not ever allow myself to work for someone I don't trust and treats people unethically. It just is not worth the mental strain it causes.
#3 Although 99% of all people I have met in the craft beer industry over the past 25 years have been great like minded folks, there are a few bad apples in the scene who some how have slipped through the cracks. I will make sure to keep an eye out for these types and steer clear. It can almost make a good beer taste bad.

That's it, only 3. What I do know for 2010 is that I can make my own destiny as I have always done, and will do it with good beer.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment