Sunday, November 29, 2009

Globalization of Rougue Brewing Co.

I was at a beer festival in Warners at the Bay NSW Australia. The bottle shop at Warners has the best selection of US micros/craft beers as well as a full compliment of International beers. At the festival the importer of Rougue Beers in Australia had a big stall next to the Murray's stall. Great guy with great beers, I really enjoyed seeing a product I had sold so much of in the states being tasted by Aussies for the first time, who are just learning what real full flavoured beers taste like.

My only gripe about any of the imported beers to Australia is the excessive price, mostly driven by antiquated excise tax and high gst. The excise which is regulated by ABV is repressive in comparrison to wht the wine industry is paying.

At this time I only have one solution and that is to brew my own clones of my favorite beers and develop a few more along the way. But I would still be happy if the prices came down.

No comments:

Post a Comment